On the Spot Check Visits for projects financed under Grant Scheme on Regional Development and Cohesion
The Grant Scheme on Regional Development and Cohesion started its implementation in January 2022, after 10 Municipalities were selected as potential beneficiaries. The awarded projects were all located in villages identified by the “100+ villages” programme.
The scope and nature of the Grant Scheme on Regional Development and Cohesion focus on regional development dimensions and encouragement of institutions and partners to collaborate through inter-municipal projects and/or projects with a clear regional development impact.
After signature of grant contracts, during April – May 2022, RDPA and ADF performed on site visits to the project location and discuss with municipalities their main challenges and opportunities in implementing the projects.
During the visits, meetings were held with representatives of Municipalities and many issues on project implementation were discussed such as: challenges for management of the project, completion of technical projects and successful finalization within the deadline of the Grant Scheme. Municipalities which have been awarded a grant are strongly committed to ensure good results and impact by considering these initiatives highly relevant to the development of the local and regional area and, to the encouragement of local communities to invest and make use of the projects’ results.
Awarded Municipalities are very well aware of the importance of successfully absorbing a grant, especially one that directly contributes to the quality of life of local community and the socio-economic potential of the selected place. For this reason, they are strongly involved in the implementation of the projects and closely collaborate with ADF and RDPA. Nevertheless, Municipalities face challenges such as limited human resources, limited technical capacities to complete technical projects, internal and external delays because of administrative bureaucracies etc.
The 8 On-The-Spot-Check visits performed by RDPA and ADF during April-May 2022 were the following:
- Rehovë (Kolonjë) – Requalification of the village center
- Seferan (Belsh) – Diversifying the touristic offer in the lakes of Belsh
- Roshnik(Berat) – Promoting the image of Roshnik village through natural and touristic paths
- Fushë Studen(Librazhd) – Requalification of the village center and creation of natural touristic paths
- Radomirë (Dibër) – Smart Green Economy Possibilities for Radomira Touristic Village
- Vajzë(Selenicë) – Requalification of the village center and creation of natural touristic paths
- Lazarat (Gjirokastër) – A new herbarium which will collect, store and process medicinal herbs
- Shishtavec (Kukës) – An adventure park with many activities mainly for children and young people.
The vision of reviving villages by making them hospitable places for inhabitants and tourists by boosting economic and social opportunities rests at the core of the Grant Scheme and the “100+ villages Programme”. The awarded projects will contribute to making this vision tangible for the 10 selected villages under the Grant Scheme on Regional Development and Cohesion.